"Here’s the next snapshot, 12w42b! We are pushing these very rapidly now because we need to get ready for the 1.4 pre-release (which needs to be out before the official release on October 24). Since yesterday’s snapshot we’ve done…" - Mojang
• Falling sand now properly “pops” when falling on non-solid blocks (such as torches)
• The redstone repeater lock mechanism is now slightly more stable / predictable. It’s still not 100% as we want it, but fixing it completely will require bigger changes that we’ve planned for Minecraft 1.5.
• Fixed tooltip width for renamed items
• Added a number of sound events, but the sound effects are not added yet
• Server ping will now tell if the server and client have mismatching protocol versions
• Updated translation files