Minecraft News: What to expect in the next snapshot
More Performance improvements:
Erik Broes (@_grum):
- "The number after "C;" matters, not the FPS"
- "It’s doing a very naive traversal of all chunks ‘visible’ in the current frustum. The number after ‘C:’ are chunksections it’s rendering."
- (From the wiki: “Number of chunk sections rendered over total number of chunks. Counts all render passes: if a chunk section is rendered twice (because it contains both water and normal blocks, for example) then it will be counted twice.”)
- "I fixed a long standing bug today. Lighting issues in world generation. Bye bye black patches. See my nice amplified" "link" (gif)
- “The same world, one shot from above and one from a bit closer to the ground. I think we are getting somewhere…”
- (Again the numbers in general but especially after “C:” are important - the FPS boost is also very amazing though :D)
Nathan Adams (@Dinnerbone):
- “32 view distance on a normal world gives me ~55 FPS. Not bad but could be better. Need to focus on server now though!”
Jens Bergensten (@jeb_):
- (I don’t know if this will be implemented in 1.8 or if it will be a possible new feature of 1.9 but he is working on banners/flags)
- “I’m still working on it… Supports up to something like 400^6 patterns”